SC - Not eating cute furry animals

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 5 09:42:18 PDT 2001

> Cow? big, stupid, willingly walk into the slaughterhouse...eat em.
> Bunny? Small, cute, soft, wiggly nose...no way, can't eat that.

Skinned rabbits also look remarkably like preemie babies. Dead Cow, however, looks like a
volkswagen made of food. ;) Furthermore, I've raised steers from birth and found that I
was perfectly happy to see them turned into meat; I've raised rabbits and I simply could
not eat them.

> I don't think there should ever be a cute factor in what you eat.

I don't think ANYBODY anywhere should have the right to criticize what another person
does or does not eat, though a cook can whine about what people will and will not eat IF
those people expect to be served. The only exception if you are actually causing physical
harm.

What I will or will not eat is none of your business, unless I ask you to cook it for me.
If you threaten to eat one of my pets, I will threaten to have one of your balls for an
oyster sandwich. If you eat meat someone else sold you, just don't wave it in my face and
try to make me ill.

> Ok, I've ranted enough...sorry about the length, it's just one of my pet > peeves. >

Thank you for illustrating my point about the political correctness in the SCA of
attacking people for not wanting to eat what you want to eat.

- -- Jadwiga