SC - Re: taverns/ health dept

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Thu Apr 5 10:52:13 PDT 2001

>     My household has been doing a tavern for the last couple of reigns, and
> are doing quite well. I was approached by the KS last year, who asked that I
> consider selling food & drink to the populace, as all the others who had
> been doing this had gone away . . .

At what point do you think that you have to bring in the health department for
certification? HAs anyone run into that?   I have not even bothered thinking it for the
tournies and feast night type of tavern nights, but when we have our wars and larger events,
I wonder.... I know it might vary state to state, but I would be interested in hearing
information from others on interactions between medieval food vending and health department.

Thanks!

PS Im new to this list, sorry if this topic was covered and I just overlooked it.

Aleska Andraitiene
Archduchess of Caerleon of the Adrian Empire
Lady of the Empire