SC - Heinlein's obit

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 12:06:30 PDT 2001

> > . It's not mentioned anywhere in Grumbles From the Grave - the book
> > about his work that she edited. It contains letters and other info of
> > interest to anyone who wants to know more about Heinlein.
> >
> > Ilaria
> >

> No, he gave it to a written interview about...jeeze, I can't remember the
> year. I was in Iran, so about 1967 to 1972 era? It was a print article, with
> picture, that came out in magazine I got in English there. Which was rare.
> So, I read the whole thing. Later...much later...about 1982, I actually read
> his work for first time. It became a nightly ritual for *years* to have hubby
> read while I cooked..... and I kept noticing that he was right about having
> modeled his female leads off Ginny.
>
> Lars

I'm sure I read it in a biography, right after he died.  I started reading his
juveniles in what would now be middle school. But the big change came when he
wrote "Stranger."  I read it as part of a college-prep lit class (OK, back in
1974). I would have loved to meet Robert and Isaac (Asimov), before they died.
Both wrote interesting novels.

Liadan