SC - Not eating cute furry animals

Marcus Antaya mjantaya at home.com
Thu Apr 5 11:16:20 PDT 2001

> > "Memorial service for Robert Heinlein, 7:00.  Barbecue, 7:30. No salt
> > needed."
>
> Did they really publish the quote as part of his obit?  I've never been able to
> find out for sure. "Stranger in a Strange Land," and other of his novels have
> influenced my thinking and my life.  I only wish I could have met him before he
> died.
>
> Liadan

Knowing the SF community, probably.

Astonishing man.  I only met him in his last years.  He and his wife showed up
randomly at the LASFS one Thursday night.  He held court in the front room, the
fans reverently around him letting him expound on any old thing.  My husband and I,
on the other hand, kept Virginia company in the adjoining lounge, and had a very
nice chat.  Interview, schminterview, I can tell you:  She is every inch THE
Heinlein Woman of all ages.

Selene