SC - Re: Not eating cute furry animals

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 5 13:42:05 PDT 2001

> One might view the current American meat-heavy diet as the result of
> hundreds of years of cultural programming.  Meat=prosperity.  More
> prosperity, more meat.  And didn't the sign of the prosperous man used to be
> a bay window gut?

Perhaps that explains the attributed attitudes of the stereotypical
stickjock? Being as they come from the class from which we take our kings,
they feel they should have the most high status diet? In fact, in the
East, it may well explain the attitude of the Count whose Royal Whim
survives as "Vegetables are Not Food. Vegetables are what Food Eats. Fish
are fast moving Vegetables."

Then again. The current King of the East wants meat and potatoes at every
feast. I wonder what creative reactions he will get? My preferred one is a
subtlety of some kind in the shape of a baked potato... or bringing in
one, solitary baked potato, on a silver salver, and having it ritually and
publically tasted for poisonousness. ;)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"He cooks eternally, imperturbably, suspended in the chaos of which the
Master interprets the meaning..." Kipling, "With the Night Mail"