SC - Medieval Hummus

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 16:31:58 PDT 2001

>Sausages are always a good bet. Also meat pies or pasties
>(although I don't believe pasties are documentably period)
>are good choices and can be made ahead. They are good at
>ambient temps.

Better, place individual pies or pasties on the grill, out of the direct
line of the flames, and they will warm nicely. On a wood fired grill,
customers may appreciate the items having been wrapped in foil so as to
avoid the smoky taste.  If the grill is large enough, have a dutch oven to
one side to hold heated pies/pasties warm until needed. Thinking as I type,
you could even heat them within the dutch oven, again, to avoid smoking
them.

Bonne