SC - Cucumbers and the SCA

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Apr 6 05:14:19 PDT 2001

> Often the ones using the "cute" criterion use their emotions rather
> than their brains.

What makes "cute" or any other reason for vegetarianism any more
emotional than choosing your dietary restrictions for religious
reasons?  Would you tell someone who chose to eat kosher that he was
failing to use his brain?  How about someone who is vegetarian because
he is a Buddhist?  In my experience it's a very small minority of
vegetarinas who use "cute" as a predominant factor.  I know many
vegetarians who will joke about "cute" animals the same way meat-eaters
joke about ripping carcasses apart with thier bare hands.  Neither is a
serious statement.  Why can't people accept the idea that a person just
might choose vegetarianism for a well-thought-out, rationalized reason?

- -Magdalena
who really tried to stay out of this, really, really, but is getting
sick of these snipes.