peta problems (was re: SC - Florilegium -Furs and OT)

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Sat Apr 7 04:42:17 PDT 2001

Have you people been listening to the USDA inspector on the list?
You can vaccinate a animal for HMF but the vaccine shows up in test as
active HMF, There by causing the meat to be thrown out anyway. The animals
in Europe have a ASIAN strain of the virus that is why it is a problem. They
have no immunity to it in there system.

If you want to believe it is about money fine, it is Losing money. both for
the ranchers and the consumers. When you can't afford meat for the feast
this year don't blame the slaughterhouses, there is a genuine shortage of
beef and pork and lamb in the world at the moment.

Thorbjorn