peta problems (was re: SC - Florilegium -Furs and OT)

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Apr 6 05:46:35 PDT 2001

DeeWolff at aol.com wrote:

> << Can anyone point me to web links/info about Byzantium and their food??
>
> Thanks!
> Andrea >>

Apart from Anthimus, whom many believe to have been a citizen of
Byzantium, offhand, no. You might find that books by people like Andrew
Dalby and Sally Grainger (sp?) contain some peripheral info (as a way of
bulking out their real topic of ancient Greek and Roman cookery).

You might also ask over on the Apicius list, but that will probably have
some pitfalls as well, as they tend to be, well, let's say they are no
more serious researchers than we are, and often, possibly less. With
some notable exceptions...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy