SC - Correction

Chip jallen at multipro.com
Fri Apr 6 12:17:28 PDT 2001

But FMD vaccine is not like a polio vaccine, a one-time life-long matter; it
has to be given annually, targeted to one of the specific subtypes, and it
doesn't actually prevent the animals from catching and spreading the
disease, just from developing symptoms.

If vaccinating animals is simple and effective, we do it.  Think about the
rabies and distemper shots domestic animals get.  This disease is a little
more complicated.

In any event, I think that for us to sit here second-guessing this process
is silly.  We may be awfully smart and we may know darn near everything
about anything, but I suspect other people have put a lot more thought and
expertise into this problem than we can.

jenne at mail.browser.net