SC - 'Nefs' on eBay

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Sat Apr 7 04:58:32 PDT 2001

UlfR wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 grizly at mindspring.com wrote:
>
> > Check out these sterling salt cellars in Viking ship shape:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1421155929
>
> Hmm, lets invent a small piece of "genuine scandinavia" that we can sell
> in the airport to the tourists. It should be something that is
> distinctive, vikings are good, and small enought that they won't
> hesitate to pick up one (or more!) to prove that they've been to "The
> Country of the Vikings". Preferably in several versions, so that we can
> get both the poor ones *and* those with far too much local currency left
> in their wallets. A viking ship! In either pewter or silver. Let's make
> them as salt cellars, and they can have it on their table to become the
> envy of all their friends. How many crates did you want in the initial
> order? Factory giftwrapped?

I would have thought the fact that it was
sterlingohsoeasytocareforsilver would be a dead giveaway. Why, does the
blurb on eBay suggest anything other than that this might be a cute
knickknack to add to one's other modernly-produced feast-gear or
tableware? You should see what people say on eBay about swords, if you
think _this_ is bad.

> I did not see any date stamps, and anyway I'm not sure if Denmark or
> Norway have any system like the Swedish one. Basically gold, silver,
> pewter, etc has to be stamped with a letter+number that gives the year.
> It started in 1759 with A1, Google gave me a table at
> http://www.harryda-tenn.se/stamp.html.

Well! There you go! _Ob_viously, this is proof of a high order that the
item in question is from after 1759. In short, period! You can't pull
the UlfR over _my_ eyes!

> /UlfR
>  pissing on parades since 1964
>
> --
> UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
> The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux

Cute. I was fond of, "I liked Win95 better when it was Macintosh System 6..."

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com