SC - Almond milk left overs

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Sun Apr 8 09:08:53 PDT 2001

At 01:26 AM 4/8/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Or a sweet potato. He didn't specify *which type* of potato.
>
>But then I think sweet potatoes are pretty yucky. He may not.

I'm glad you don't like sweet potatoes, more for me.  But you might try
this recipe:

Diabetic Sweet Potato/Apple dish (2 servings)

Peel and slice a medium sized sweet potato.
Put in a non-stick skillet coated with butter-flavored spray.
Cover tightly and cook on low, turning occasionally until the potatoes
begin to soften.
Peel, core and slice one large apple. Add to sweet potatoes and stir gently.
Add cinnamon and artificial brown sugar (or diabetic maple syrup) to taste.
Continue to cook until potato and apples are tender.

If you're not worried about sugar or calories:

Peel and slice a medium sized sweet potato.
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a non-stick skillet, then add potatoe.
Cover tightly and cook on low, turning occasionally until the potatoes
begin to soften.
Peel, core and slice one large apple. Add to sweet potatoes and stir gently.
Add cinnamon and brown sugar or maple syrup to taste.
Continue to cook until potato and apples are tender.

Of course, I'll eat a baked sweet potato with a little butter and salt, or
mashed.

Liadan