SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3084

Willhameena Power Willhameena.Power at hunter.health.nsw.gov.au
Mon Apr 9 19:22:34 PDT 2001

Cheriti Watts wrote:

> I don't know how many cities/states Winco is in, but for everyone in
> Portland, Oregon, they routinely have very good sales on boneless skinless
> chicken breasts (family pack). Last time I bought, they were at $1.69/lb.
> Also, their store brand individually frozen bag of -B/-S chicken breasts
> normally runs just over $2/lb.  Granted, they're probably not locally grown,
> and definitely not hormone free or anything like that, but when compared to
> the $7/lb someone quoted a few weeks back....

Isn't in C.M. Kornbluth's "The Space Merchants" where they have the
gigantic cloned muscle nicknamed 'Chicken Little', as the single meat
source for an entire planet? It would grow back about as fast as the
laborers could cut steaks off it, and if they weren't careful it had a
nasty habit of absorbing the laborers...

I don't know what made me think of it, except this endless supply of
skinless, boneless chicken breasts ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy