SC - Cooking rice for many

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Apr 9 22:59:11 PDT 2001

;-) Lots of 1 gallon ziploc bags. Make the rice ahead of time and freeze
it. Reheat on site on demand. Get a pot to a good rolling boil, pop the
thawed contents of a bag of rice into a mesh colander held in a pasta
pentola and dunk into the water. Wait 4 to 5 minutes, stir once or twice
and the rice is piping hot. Since you cooked it ahead of time and froze
it, you don't have to deal with it burning to the bottom of the pot.
Once the rice is heated through, you can mix it with the dreaded
mushroom soup to your hearts content ;-) Even better if you have a
vacuum sealer that has boil-in-bag type bags like my Tilia.
margali

- --