SC - RE:request to all members

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Apr 10 06:51:17 PDT 2001

greetings, the list.

Help!  I have a late-period Italian feast to cook in June, and the only
Italian sources I have are Platina and Santich's Original Mediterranean
Cuisine.  This is not a problem for food, but I can't find anything to
suggest what would have been drunk with feasts, except for wine; Santich
mentions hypocras drunk with the last course, but gives no documentation
for it.  Does anyone have an recipe for an Italian version of hypocras?
any mention of cordials (eg lemon cordial)?  Any English translations of
Italian sources on the web?

hopefully,
JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin)
Chronicler, Shire of Adamastor, South Africa
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.