SC - spanish feast recipes WAS: Almond milk left overs

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:39:12 PDT 2001

Olwen wrote re Maeve's comments on Madrone's spanish feast this weekend:

> I look forward to seeing the recipes for the Banquet.  Sore
> feet and happy
> remarks are a good weather-vaine indicating a success!

Our next Feudal Gourmet pamphlet, "A Brief Overview of Early Spanish
Cuisine", containing all our recipes, will be out in the next few weeks for
a nominal fee(about $3 depending on printing costs).

Here's the menu as a quick tease:

1st course – 13th century
>From an Anonymous Andalusian (Moorish) cookbook
	Sikanjabin—a refreshing sweet/sour drink
	Ahrash — spiced meatballs with mustard sauce
	Sambusak — spiced garlic fried in flat breads
	Toledo Cheese Pies — puff pastry with cheese filling
	Dates and Almonds

2nd course - 14th century
>From the Libre de Sent Sovi an anonymous Catalan cookbook.
	Roast Pork with Sage
	Almedroch — garlic cheese sauce
	Casserole of Eggplants and Cheese
	Fried Asparagus
	A Salad
	Bread

3rd course – 16th century
>From the Libre de Guisados, by Ruperto De Nola, head cook to the King of
Naples.
	Clarea — a spiced honey drink
	Limonada — chicken in Lemon Sauce
	Rice Casserole
	Porrada — leek soup
	Spinach Picadas — with cheese & currants
	Olives

4th course – 17th century
Primarily from the Libro Del Arte de Cozina, by Diego Granado an official in
the court of Madrid’s kitchen.
	Spicy Chocolate Drink—with hot peppers
	Tarts of Dried Apricot
	Tortillon — a cinnamon and dried fruit roll
	Confits — candied fennel seeds
	Marzipans
	Quince paste

For information on how to order please email me: raghead at liripipe.com
Eden

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com