SC - Cordials

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Apr 10 22:54:03 PDT 2001

Anahita commented:
> It sounds like a situation in which you can't do much, just go with
> the flow. Let me say that cooking rice for 200 is not an easy task
> and takes a long time. Anyone know how long does it take for all
> those gallons and gallons of water to boil?

Early on in the history of this list there was a big discussion on
the ins and outs of boiling large amounts of rice or grains. I think
it was centered on frumenty if I remember correctly. Anyway, a number
of cautions, solutions and directions were given. I believe I put some
of this in one of these two files in the FOOD-BREADS-GRAINS section
of the Florilegium:
grains-msg        (41K) 11/14/00    Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.
rice-msg          (54K)  3/20/01    Period rice. Recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net