SC - Re: Italian drinks?

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Thu Apr 12 00:36:15 PDT 2001

Liadan said:
> I'm going to pick up a couple of turnips on my next grocery run.  I'll let
> you know if I find them eadible.  Or even tasty.  Maybe I don't care for
> turnips because my mom, always trying to thin down her fat daughter, tried
> to pass them off as potatoes.  Sorry, but they don't have the same texture
> or flavor for me.

At various times folks have suggested methods that worked for getting
the bitterness out of the taste of turnips. I think one of the major
ones was to pick the younger, smaller turnips. You might try this, and
maybe some of the other ideas given in this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES
section of my files:
turnips-msg       (39K) 10/13/00    Turnips in period. Recipes.

Maybe one or more of these methods along with this recipe will produce
acceptable results for you.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net