SC - Tasty turnips

Mastercahankyle@cs.com Mastercahankyle at cs.com
Thu Apr 12 05:53:29 PDT 2001

Vincente said:
>I have; read my article in the Florilegium.  The best thing is to go easy on
>the spices, especially cloves.  Cloves have a tendency to numb the palate.
>Try to keep the total weight of spices to around two ounces per gallon of
>water.  You want sweetened, flavored water, not thinned, spicy honey.

Thanks, Vincente - and Stefan, for the Florilegium pointers.  I didn't
check the Florilegium first because my dratted system has denied me web
access for the last four days - but it's up again this morning, so I have
prowled the Florilegium and am now all set for wetting this feast!

many thanks all round,
JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin)
Chronicler, Shire of Adamastor, South Africa
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.