SC - NRW Feast final menu

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 12 08:02:47 PDT 2001

> Except for using potatoes instead of turnips, it was almost
> exactly identical to the recipe for a.t., comprising layers of potato
> slices (partly pre-cooked in milk or cream), layered with cheese (they
> recommended gruyere), and topped with nutmeg and baked....no extra milk
> in the dish, beyond what the potato slice had been cooked in. <g>

Actually, I've gotten the best results from baking my turnips (esp. at the edge of the
fire or on a grill at camping events-- otherwise you have to use the oven at 500 degrees
F) until they are soft and the skins somewhat burnt. The trick is to completely pre-cook
the turnips (either boiled or baked).

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net