SC - rice / squash feast - help!!

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Apr 12 12:39:16 PDT 2001

You can make a tiny batch of rice pudding using splenda liquid
[www.synergydiet.com ] as the sweetening and not have the sugar
problem for diabetics [one of the very few heat resistant
non-nutritive sweetening agents.] Alternately, didn't they have a
more spiced version of rice pudding [heavy on the ginger and
cinnamon, almost no sweetening] as well?

You can poach in white wine [or very opulently in champagne] and
avoid the migraine trigger of red wine.

- -margali
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here:
The suggestions about rice have all been good.  I particularly
like the
risi-bisi, which is easy to make on site (with a modification of
David's
preparation method) and my suggestion of rice pudding which can
be prepared
in advance and served hot or cold.  The rice pudding contains
milk and
sugar, so it may not be suitable for diabetics.

Margali's suggestions about desserts make sense.  I would
probably prefer
the pears in wine sauce, because it avoids dairy products, making
the dish
edible to people with another common group of allergies.