SC - Tasty turnips

Mastercahankyle@cs.com Mastercahankyle at cs.com
Fri Apr 13 15:33:31 PDT 2001

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> I haven't seen the commercial but in the Current
> Middle Ages, Lincoln,
> Nebraska hosted the First Calontir Crown Tourney.
>
> I do know that in 1997 James Arthur Vineyards and
> the SCA jointly hosted a
> Renaissance Fair at the winery.  They had almost 3
> times the expected
> turnout and there was some discussion of making it a
> yearly event.  So the
> footage is probably from the Fair.
>
> BTW, the terrain in Nebraska is similar to that
> around Bakersfield, so you
> might feel right at home.
>
> Bear

I have to say, from the brief glimpse they give on the
commercial, it looks like the garb is pretty well
done, and the blows are landing solid!  It does, now
that you mention it, look like it could have been done
at a vineyard...or at least someplace with lush
vegetation in the background.  Hard to tell from just
a brief look...

You know, to be honest...when I think of the SCA,
there are two places I don't really imagine having any
active participants... New York and Nebraska.  It's
actually quite refreshing to hear that not only does
Nebraska have participants, but *active* participants,
as well.  Good for Nebraska!

Of course, I'm not so sure about New York...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."