SC - Anti meat sympathies

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 16:16:11 PDT 2001

- --- Radigan Leoncouer <leoncouer at lycos.com> wrote:
>  Being somewhat mew to this list, though having
> lurked for half a year or more.  I needs must
> however step forth and voice my outrage of certain
> posts on this list which voice a  vegan leaning.
> Being a omnivore and proud, I enjoy receipes and
> feasts which offer a sublime blending, of all forms
> of flesh whether it be animal or vegetable.  Lets
> not succumb to the rabbit types and allow our list
> to become host only to those of the
> bovine..er..vegetative bent.

Actually, I rather enjoy the debate/discussion from
both sides.  Both sides bring (often) intelligent and
revealing information to the table (sometimes
literally), and both sides are possessed of really
swell cooks, to be sure.  Is vegetarianism a wise diet
choice?  That's debatable.  I don't know.  Should it
be tolerated/ treated with respect on this list?
Absolutely.  Opinions vary, and so do diets.  So long
as no one is proffering misinformation regarding the
benefits or drawbacks of either side, I see no harm in
it.

For the record, however, I hold a strictly vegetarian
lifestyle under suspicion, unless it is a religious
mandate.

Of course, I hold religion under suspicion
regardless...

Take it for what it's worth.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."