SC - Apologies

Radigan Leoncouer leoncouer at lycos.com
Sat Apr 14 19:43:31 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<<SNIP . . .  My opinion is that if it is done
intelligently and with an understanding of human nutritional needs it
is perfectly healthy.

My opinion goes a bit further, in that i believe we and the planet
would be better off if we (modern America and other similar cultures)
ate less meat. I'm not saying NO meat, but we certainly don't need to
eat meat at every meal, probably not every day, unless we have some
kind of medical or genetic condition that requires it, and that is
not the majority of people - or unless we live in some sort of
extreme environment, such as around the Arctic circle at wintertime,
where meat is basically the only available food.>>>>>>>>>

Would your opinions include those who are genetically decended from people's of extreme environments?  Those of Northern lineages may not need to live in the Artci or even Northern European climes anymore, but our genetics might just tell us we need to continue to eat that way for a few more generations.  My view is that some folks can like on high starch vegetarian diets, and some on high protein content diets, and other somewhere along the line.

with the vast intermingling of Groups over the centuries, it's awfully hard to state that any type of dietary mix is 'better' or 'healthier' or 'better for the world' than any other.  Ever had an insulin hangover?  Once you have, you'll know what it means to manage your diet correctly.

Do more people origninate from vegetarian cultures or meat-eating cultures originally? . . . . and I don't mean A.D.

niccolo difrancesco