SC - Raw Eggs

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Sat Apr 14 22:05:33 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/13/01 3:01:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
solstice at moscow.com writes:

<< I have found that the pastuerized eggs in a box work nicely for all sorts
of dishes, and they should be quite safe.  >>

True. OTOH, those who have been poisoned by salmanella from regular eggs is,
when compared to the over all population, totally statistically
insignificant. I think I will stay with the natural product personally.

Salmonella prescence in eggs is just another media hype, IMO. Much like the
thousands of adults that suddenly can't take aspirin because it causes  RS in
a statiscally insinificant number of children 12 or under who have the flu.

Being carefuul is fine biut when the odds are greater than getting struck by
lightning, there is a real problem with 'safety', IMO.

Ras