SC - Wolves are our cute furry friends..

Radigan Leoncouer leoncouer at lycos.com
Sun Apr 15 20:39:13 PDT 2001

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/15/2001 8:32:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> baronsig at peganet.com writes:
>
> > Yes, being torn apart by
> >  wolves in the winter is period, but I'm willing to forgo that one, thank
> you
> >  very much . . .
>
> Do you have a confirmed recorded instance of a wolf attack? I've always been
> told that wolves avoided people, and that there were no confirmed wolf
> attacks on people.
>
> Lions yes, tigers even today, bears even.... but wolves? I'd like to see the
> sources.

Not a source, exactly, but it should be noted that most werewolf legends
appear to be based on the idea, rightly or wrongly, that wolves _will_
attack humans when they're starving. I seem to recall reading something
about this in a book, recently written, about the Little Ice Age of the
13th-19th centuries.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy