SC - Anti meat sympathies

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Apr 15 21:13:02 PDT 2001

 uh-oh Baronsig now you've done it.  You've gone and gotten  the local 'wolves are our cute, furry misunderstood friends sect' all upset!

Now mi'lord Corwyn granted there are few instances of wolf artack on the N>American continent recorded and documented in so diligent a manner as to satisfy your criteria. But nonetheless they do occur and they exist.  The reason why they are not so readily noticeable is due A. The sneaky, cicumspect nature of the PREDATOR and B> Most victims are eaten by the pack
leaving very little remains..

I remeber having a similar discussion with a lad about Moutain lions and about their being 'extinct' in California.   He angrily refuted all and any logical evidence which I laid before him about those big PREDATORS being called 'The Ghosts of the Rockies' was'nt just lurid press.  Then, shortly thereafter
joggers started turning up missing, a biker got attacked, a senators wife and one another became a
stringy snack..along with a few others I do beileve.
Suddenly the moutain lion was no longer 'extinct' and not quite so 'defenseless'.  Personally I have never found anything 'cute' or 'defenseless' about a 300 pound predator whom can move through the forest like a
brindled wraith....but then again I don't live in California either...but I digress.
As to curret wolf attacks..try India..up along the punjab and several other rural areas.  Children are being TAKEN there on a near daily basis.  And by taken I do not mean mauled or attacked and scared. But KILLED and EATEN. The local game wardens hands are tied because indfia is hindu and we all know what that means...indeed the locals became more upset when a friggin GOAT was killed by the pack..then a child.
Goats are wealth there you see..kids are just another mouth to feed..albeit another a hand to till the fields
(No I am NOT GOINgthere..throttling down another anti-vegan rant) and besides it was easy and fun to generate a replacement.  This as I was said was current news as of two weeks past.  (I have a friend over there you see whom is the local game warden. And
we yet exchange a monthly missive or two.) Also, it has gotten so bad that National Geographic actually went there and devoted a hour long show to the problem.

And as to tigers...well we just DON"T want to go there either!  I spent two years in india with my friend, and we worked for his father as game wardens.  Our most prevalent problems were  man-eaters...and the stupid idiots who created the striped terrors.

So in all due candor mi'lord corwyn just because your particular patch of suburban bliss..doe'snt currently have a pack trotting down the strip picking off the occassional brat or overweight housewife..don't delude yourself.  Wolves can and are dangerous..and should be treated with the care and respect they deserve.
And please. don't bore me with tales of how you or an associate raised wolves and cute sweet and misunderstood they are...I have heard them all.

Now that all being said.  This of course does not mean they should be shot into extinction either.

Leoncouer

- --