SC - Wolves are our cute furry friends..

Mon Apr 16 05:20:33 PDT 2001

Sounds like she violated the establishment's safety rules. Pack
behavior is way different from solo behavior, and she may have
only handled wolves in a one-on-one situation. My husband can
tell you in great detail exactly why he used to go outside at
night with a gun when he lived outside Fresno, CA on a grape
ranch. He was living in a small camping trailer and they had
feral pack problems. It literally was not safe to go outside
alone at night unarmed. He bagged quite a few feral mutts.  I
have personally seen pets assume feral pack behavior and
attacking my sheep. I have 9 kills of pets under my belt
[provided the collars to the dog warden to prove it] in addition
to a number of ferals and probable ferals [no collars.] Solo
canines act entirely different from pack canines. Heck, even my
wolf hybrid acted differently when his pack [us] was around him
and he was solo.
margali
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here:
>She had a degree in wildlife biology from the University of
Guelph, Ontario, and had assumed
> her new position on Monday, four days prior to April 18th. She
had been in the wolf enclosure twice before, the first >time with
her supervisor, and once the day before
> when she had fed the wolves. Since these wolves had always kept
their distance
>from people, no one expected any problems. On Wednesday Tricia
told her fiancee
> that she felt somewhat apprehensive about the alpha male, but
she did not
>share this concern with her supervisor or any other staff
member. No one knows