SC - Re: wolf attacks

Radigan Leoncouer leoncouer at lycos.com
Mon Apr 16 10:36:04 PDT 2001

> But as far as health issues go, I would say that yes the body can
tolerate a lot more than we think-- I used to eat raw cookie dough, for
example, when I could eat the starch.  But I think its important to not
forget that the types of bugs out there ARE changing. Some of the things
floating around are nastier then they used to be (I am friends with some
bilogical scientists and i hear
> far more than I ever WANT to hear of thing...ghh)  , and sometimes
using a really simple replacement can just help prevent anything
untoward.

I agree that we are taking the "Sterile" issue, as a culture, rather too
far. I have had countless people say to me that they cant figure out why
they get so many colds and flus. Funny enough EVERY single one of these
people use antibacterial soap in the shower, not to mention arbitrarily
quaffing antibiotics at the first sign of a sniffle. I explain its kind
of like shooting ones self in the foot. It is hard to bend some peoples
heads around the fact that there are not just nasty bacteria out there
but good ones too. Having a rather gentle flora and fauna I never use
antibacterial soap in the shower, reserving it for the kitchen only. I
also tell these people that it has been proven those hand santitisers on
the market actually add more to the nasties to their hands rather than
they take away.

I also agree that we are stronger than we allow ourselves to be. Imo,
this ensures that we are weakened. I lived in Mexico for a while, and
yes I had Motemzumas revenge once (something most people catch from
there very own hands) but I realized very early on that if I didnt build
up my resisitance to the "normal" nasties prevalent down there I was a
sitting duck. I started by brushing my teeth every day in tap water and
progressed up from that, drinking a little more everyday. Worked like a
charm and I never suffered from any of the ailments typical for Cdns and
Amercians in Mexico. <whew>

Micaylah