SC - OT::: GARB LIST ADDRESS

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 11:54:14 PDT 2001

> Although I agree with Master A that this is a game and
> sometimes someone who didn't quite deserve something does
> get a sympathy award. I always look to see if they actually
> have earned it. I'm a bit of a hardass about awards.

One kinda hopes that people do that for _everyone_, not just those who are
challenged in some way.

> I guess the thing I'm saying is that these "handicapped" individuals
> don't want to recieve awards because they are handicapped. They
> wish merit on it's own behalf and it is an insult to them to do
> otherwise.

Yes. However, no matter how high the bar they are held to, there will
always be those who look at their challengedness and immediately suffer
from the reaction, "I wonder if that award is deserved?" because of it.

*shrug* It's sad. But it is in the nature of the human being to wonder if
someone who has something got it because of 'special privilege'. (Well,
ok, I suppose that there were some times and places where people didn't
wonder, because the only way to get things was because of special
privilege.)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net