SC - Soft Cheeses in Period

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 17 20:07:24 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/17/2001 8:41:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
melcnewt at netins.net writes:

> Appartently, he was shocked, just shocked that the hamburger meat came from
> old dairy cows. Well, so? All of the cows are checked by inspectors to make
sure
> that there is no diseased meat entering the food. Futhermore, what would
you have
> us do with the dairy cows when they finish producing? Toss the dead
carcasses
> away?

Actually, the interview in Salon went into more about labor practices and
methods of handling food at fst food places. Some of his comments in that
interview are why I shudder. Cows is cows. It's what comes after that worries
me...

Ilaria