SC - period breakfast foods

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:06:19 PDT 2001

Yes, what I used was "store-bought", though it was made by the Amish and sold in one
of their markets.  So it was as close to home-made and period as you could probably
get and still purchase it!

I have never made my own horseradish, but would suspect you'd do something like peel
the root, chop/grind/shred it into VERY small pieces, then age it with some kind of
liquid...my guess would be some kind of white vinegar.  (I say vinegar because I know
it can bring out the hot in things...if you add it to Chinese mustard or wasabi, it
makes them hotter than using water).

Hope my wild guesses help!

Kiri