SC - Opinions?

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 08:35:15 PDT 2001

> I am curious to get opinions or experiences on the issue of allowing
people to attend the feast and not purchase the food.

In Ealdormere it is the usual for our events (space permitting) to have
on- and off- board. I have no problem with folks wanting to share their
own endeavours and indeed have done my own off-board "feasts" on
occasion. Last one I did was for 15 or so people complete with roast
beef and black grape sauce et al. I was allowed to plug my crock pot in
in the kitchen and use the microwave to heat up the previously made
sauce. There seems to be no animosity in this kingdom as far as I can
tell for this activity.

As for the entertainment issue, this is a game, and dont feel there
should be a charge for being on the receiving end of a gift given freely
and without gain.

Imo, we are too profit oriented in the sca (read: we MUST make money at
every event or it is a failure). I have my suspicions as to why this is,
but I honestly think this is a mind set that does more harm to our game
and our goals in today's sca. But thats a whole other issue in and of
itself. :)

Micaylah