SC - Opinions?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 19 08:49:28 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/19/01 11:21:43 AM, dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca writes:

<< Imo, we are too profit oriented in the SCA (read: we MUST make money at

every event or it is a failure). I have my suspicions as to why this is,

but I honestly think this is a mind set that does more harm to our game

and our goals in today's SCA. But thats a whole other issue in and of

itself. :) >>

- ---->>IK Anthology perhaps?? Here in Ostgardr (East), we mostly break even.
Our sites are too  expensive. To make money, we 'd have to charge much more
than we do. Many attendees feel that what we do charge now is too high!

Our cheapest site now runs $500 (for the day, small- seats 45), our average
site rents at $1000 (seats 90), and  our weekend site (which is no longer
being used next year because they are raising it again) starts at $2,500.
Forget NYC..nothing is less than $2000, for the day......

Even with an inexpensively done feast, the entry fees are too much. Making a
profit is almost an impossibility. We try to bring costs down by doing demos
for rental time, but not many renters are into this idea anymore.

Andrea