SC - RE: Next week in the Big Apple - OOP & slightly OT

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 09:00:24 PDT 2001

> In Ealdormere it is the usual for our events (space permitting) to have
> on- and off- board. I have no problem with folks wanting to share their
> own endeavours and indeed have done my own off-board "feasts" on
> occasion. Last one I did was for 15 or so people complete with roast
> beef and black grape sauce et al. I was allowed to plug my crock pot in
> in the kitchen and use the microwave to heat up the previously made
> sauce. There seems to be no animosity in this kingdom as far as I can
> tell for this activity.

I think it depends on how busy the kitchen is and how the request is handled. When I was
told that during the time I was prepping and serving dayboard for 800 people, the site
committee would be cooking food for sale in the kitchen AND some other local group's
fundraising crew would be baking brownies in there (so people would smell the nice
chocolate and be inspired to buy some...), there was definitely animosity! I went out and
got some tubs and a length of hose for washing things like grapes and so forth outside on
the grass.
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net