SC - Profit was Opinions?

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Thu Apr 19 09:29:30 PDT 2001

Christina Nevin wrote:

> Saluti!
>
> Next week I'm going to be on holiday in New York (visiting my sisters in
> Hoboken). I will be having a couple of days to myself to wander around the
> Met and the Cloisters (they aren't the museum wandering types) and thought
> it might be nice to meet some faces from the list. So if anyone would care
> to meet me for lunch or after-work drinks/eats (obligatory food mention),
> please drop me a line offlist. It'll be the Tuesday or Thursday, whichever
> suits best.

I remember vaguely that you had mentioned this a while back, and I sort
of lost the reference. Doubtless in two weeks I would have asked on ths
list who it was that was coming to the New York City Area, so I'm glad
you mentioned it again.

I'll drop you a line at your home address; maybe we can hook up for
lunch or something. It occurs to me you might enjoy a visit to Kitchen
Arts and Letters, among other places. It's fairly near the Metropolitan
Museum of Art (a voice cries out in the wilderness, unheard, that the
Met is the Metropolitan Opera House, an entirely different animal ;  )
), and failing an event where you can actually see Poison Pen Press in
its full glory, it's not a bad way to spend some time. And some money,
if you've recently cashed in some investments in the recent bear side of
the market.

Besides, cookbooks are a good investment!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com