SC - To boile pigges feete and petitoes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Apr 22 05:06:52 PDT 2001

>Khadijah said:
>>      I am looking to either obtain or compile a list of the surviving
>>ancient
>> and medieval cooking sources.  If anyone knows of such a list already
>>present
>> somewhere, listing the book, the author (if known), the region and time
>> period, I would greatly appreciate them directing me to it.

Hello!  You can try starting with these:

Biting, K.G. Gastronomic Bibliography. San Francisco, 1939.
Simon, Andre L. Bibliotheca Gastronomica. London, 1953.
Vicaire, Georges. Bibliographie gastronomique. Paris, 1890.
Lord Westbury. Handlist of Italian Cookery Books. Florence, 1963.

See also the Readings section of Fabulous Feasts.

And contact Mr. Carlin of Food Heritage Press, http://www.foodbooks.com ,
P.O. Box 163, Ipswich, MA 01938.

HTH,

Cindy