SC - OT - Way OOP - "Pie Floaters"

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Apr 22 05:17:44 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Adamantius commented:
> > "Decker, Terry D." wrote:
> > > Cranberries are a hard little red berry and are very sour.  Everyone I know
> > > who prepares them uses a lot of sugar.
> >
> > They are also more or less prevalent in the area where the Plymouth
> > colony was situated, and may or may not have featured in the "first"
> > Thanksgiving feast. Essentially their role in the menu is similar to
> > that of the pumpkin.
>
> I'm not sure if I've ever had cranberry pie. And I think cranberries
> are a bit little to make jack-o-lanterns out of. :-)

Uh huh. However, cranberry fool, preserves, those little printed cakes
of reduced jam/marmalade-like stuff, and for that matter just about
anything you'd use gooseberries for (gooseberries sometimes being not
very sweet at all and sometimes even a little astringent, not unlike
cranberries), are all well within the realm of the possible.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com