SC - To boile pigges feete and petitoes

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 09:35:07 PDT 2001

- --- Susan Laing <gleep001 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Oh me and my big mouth... :-p
>
> Okay - I'm *told* that "Pie Floaters" are a Meat pie
> placed in a soup bowl
> and covered with Pea soup.

My brother-in-law is from Sydney, and he has indicated
that, at least in that portion of the continent, the
pies are "floated" in a bowl of fresh green peas,
rather than pea soup.  I attempted to re-create this
dish for him once, following his direcions.  He said
that the pie was fantastic, and very close to what he
remembered, but the peas were missing something.
SInce he had never made them, himself, he couldn't
tell me what the elusive ingredient was.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."