SC - Profit was Opinions?

s_keys s_keys at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 22 13:57:08 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> >And do you consider these events a success? (the ones that didnt make a profit)

This was my original point being that some people (and groups) dont
consider an event successful if they DONT make a profit. > > > >

In the last group in which I worked, the question of profit was generally the first and last question discussed publicly in assessing an event.  After most events there were most likely small factions (three to five?) of deeper inquiry as to effectiveness of planning, leadership, host group volunterrs, execution of plans, guest satisfaction, etc., but not at all a high profile item.  The basic business meeting address was to announce that "All in attendence had a great time (whether they truly did or not), and we had $XXX.00 profit/loss."  While fiscal responsibility is important, I always contended to the last that if the greater group commits to taking care of and honestly/openly assessing everything else, then the money will generally follow (responsible planning and contented and enthusiastic attendance will make the money balance in our part of the woirld).

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco