SC - OT - Way OOP - "Pie Floaters"

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:54:16 PDT 2001

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> Well, it could go to worse places. Maybe he'll let
> me come over and look
> at it... Does anybody have 651 dollars to spare
> right now?
>
> Adamantius

Ahem... I don't have $651 to spare, but I do have a
nice, inconspicuous looking tote bag which fits nicely
under a jacket...

Do you think he would notice if you switched it with a
copy of Harry Potter wrapped in brown paper?

If you do happen to get a glimpse of this book, could
you do me a huge favor and check out the binding?  Of
particular interest to me is the material used for the
cover boards (quarter split wood, I would imagine),
and the stitching used to hold the sections together.
I have been using waxed linen thread on my books,
which gives it a period look, but I'd sure like to see
what the "real deal" is using....

By the way...I *did* ask my Significant Other if I
could go up to $700 on this book...

If looks could kill, I'd be wearing a wooden coat
right now...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."