SC - figs

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Apr 23 14:13:31 PDT 2001

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> > Do you think he would notice if you switched it
> with a
> > copy of Harry Potter wrapped in brown paper?
>
> Yeah, he probably would. I suspect that the kind of
> person who would
> recognize this as a bargain and bid on it, and
> actually read it, is
> probably by definition not a moron.

I would also suspect that he/she would have to know
how to read Latin...or be especially gifted at
guessing.

> > If you do happen to get a glimpse of this book,
> could
> > you do me a huge favor and check out the binding?
> Of
> > particular interest to me is the material used for
> the
> > cover boards (quarter split wood, I would
> imagine),

> From the photo on eBay, it appeared not to have any
> boards, rather a
> simple bundle of sewn folios, if I'm using the
> terminology correctly.
> Essentially an early printed paperback, unless I'm
> mistaken.

It certainly looked like it had a bit of stiffness to
the covers to me, but I could be mistaken.  Oh,
well...Another one of life's little treasures which I
get to admire from afar, I suppose.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."