SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3117 - buying watermelon pickles

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Apr 23 18:13:50 PDT 2001

Iyad ibn Bisharo / Thrain Tjuguskegg asked:
> Are there, in general, places to get small eggs?  I don't know of any
> poultry farms near me (middle TN).

When this question has come up in the past (err. now why would I
ask a question like that? :-) ) the responses have varied from use
Bantam chicken eggs, that quail eggs could be found in many Asian
grocery stores, to comments on raising your own quail.

There are a number of comments on quail eggs and quail egg sources
in these files in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
food-sources-msg  (53K)  3/26/01    Modern sources for unusual medieval
meats
                                       and other foods.
eggs-msg         (125K)  7/26/00    Egg storage. Recipes. Substitutions.

I think there might also be some info on pickling eggs in this file:
pickled-food-msg  (97K) 11/ 9/00    Medieval pickled food. recipes.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net