SC - "pan-pudding"

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Tue Apr 24 08:40:02 PDT 2001

Master A wrote:

> This got me thinking... what do people have in the way of obscure,
> [apparently] one-of-a-kind kitchen gadgets, preferably odd designs,
> mysteriously obscure functions, and perhaps inherited or bought
> second-hand without instructions?

Gadgets are my middle name!  Selene Gadgets Colfox, yuppers.

The Japanese have a myriad of fascinating kitchen gadgets that I love to peruse
when I go downtown to LA's "Little Tokyo" district.  What I really want to pick up
is a set of plastic pickling equipment, which comes in sizes suitable for wee
kitchenettes up to restaurants.

When Baroness Catriona NicChlurain passed away, I wound up with most of the
kitchen stuff.
This included a full set of the same sort of bar toolage you describe, circa
1950's, plus a "knight's helmet" with tumbler glasses inside. My 'official entry'
however would be a "cream maker" -- you put in milk and melted butter, then
agitate until they come together as cream.  Appears to be made in England.

Selene, who needs another house just for the kitchen stuff