SC - Re: Food restrictions at feasts

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Tue Apr 24 23:34:04 PDT 2001

Kirrily said:
> A pie floater is a bowl of pea soup with a meat pie floating in it,
> probably with tomato sauce (i.e. ketchup) on top.  It's eaten as a
> convenience food in South Australia particularly.

So how is this a "convenience" food? I think of a convenience food
as something easy to eat, such as a sandwich or a meat pie. But this
sounds rather messy. A wet, drippy meat pie and a soup which is going
to probably need a spoon. Not to mention a glob of messy tomato sauce
or catsup on top of all this.

I still think pea soup is pretty awlful, even with out a meat pie
sitting in it. But some say the same about frito pie or fried spam.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net