SC - on table menus and raising funds

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 25 06:34:58 PDT 2001

They seemed to be pretty popular...I didn't manage to get a copy, but,
IIRC, it had both the original and redacted recipes in it, and took the
form of a half-size booklet (uh, the size of an 8.5 by 11 sheet of
paper). Depending on the complexity of the feast, and the number of
pages needed, etc., it shouldn't be too hard to make it for a reasonable
cost and tack on a quarter or something.  I'd think it could be a minor
fundraiser more than anything, unless you were doing a really big event,
or had a larger potential group of customers from whom to draw.
We do one major fundraiser a year, and that's a Goods Auction at Spring
Feast.  Baronial members are encouraged to donate SCA-appropriate items
and (occasionally) services, and the auction is held during the evening
as the major form of entertainment (trust me, the Traditional
Auctioneers Syr Kian and Iain are something amazingly funny <g>).  We
netted over $800 at our last one, which is quite the haul for a group
our size.  This fund gives us extra funds for the newsletter, officers'
expenses, etc., as well as adds to our event "cushion" in our bank
account.
- --Maire