SC - Looking to meet some people

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Wed Apr 25 09:11:43 PDT 2001

>In the last decade or so I've seen a disturbing trend of people coming to
>an event or feast and saying "I paid my money, I want to enjoy the event",
>or "this is my vacation. I dont want to do anything!". The net result of
>this is that a small crew of folks gets worked too hard and burns out,
>while the larger group complains that they arent being recognised, or that
>events arent "like they used to be".
>--Anne-Marie

One of my worst feast memories was a feast that
turned out to be for 500 and only about 25 volunteers
showed up to serve. When I sent out the call to my
barony for help I got the response "I'm wearing my
nice things and I'm here to enjoy my friends."

Needless to say I had a few words at the next Baronial
meeting.

Gunthar