SC - Servers eating free

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 18:24:20 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/24/01 1:00:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jugglethis at yahoo.com writes:

<< Do we actually have extant period recipes for snake?

 Balthazar of Blackmoor >>

No. But this was my first feast (18+ years ago) I had a pretty good knowledge
of what  NOT to serve but little knowledge about what to serve. My recipe
sources were also limited. That is why I just did the 'bring the game' thing.
When the snake showed up, it was a matter of not looking a gift horse in the
mouth.

While most SCA cooks that I knew were careful to at least make their feasts
appear period  back then, there was often very little thought given to
whether any given item was really period. Thankfully that is changing in the
Current Middle Ages.

Ras