SC - Servers eating free

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Wed Apr 25 18:33:09 PDT 2001

The core of pineapples is hard because they're not ripe whey they are
shipped... When you buy a pineapple that was picked ripe (I travelled to
Costa Rica), the core is as soft as the rest of it, and there's no point in
removing it. But when they ship pineapples here, they're far from ripe and
the core is hard.

I can't eat the fresh pineapple here. Well I can eat them, but I get a weird
reaction on my tongue. I guess I'm allergic... I get that with kiwis also.
But only the ones shipped here. I had no problem with fresh pineapple in
Costa Rica, at all. I guess it may be something in the fruit that goes away
when it's ripe, or it's something they use to make it ripen faster, I don't
know.