SC - funny recipe

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 06:59:32 PDT 2001

"Lainie wrote:

> I know. One of my anscestors sat at that table. Have the record books.
> If only I had their cookbooks!

There are large settlements of Mennonites in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia,
many of whom migrated south from Pennsylvania.  In fact, I think some of my
ancestors on my father's side were Mennonites. The way we could always tell if
the folks we were seeing were Mennonite or Amish was that the former were
permitted to drive cars and operate machinery, whereas the Amish are not.

If you'd like, I can check the next time I'm over in that area to see if they
have published any cookbooks.  I know that the Amish have...in fact I have one.
But I don't know about the Mennonites.

Kiri